Astoria Houses – Sandy Recovery & Resiliency Project
Building Use: Residential
Owner/Developer: New York City Housing Authority
Completion Date: April 2022
For this contract with NYCHA, Navillus was in charged to perform the following work:
• Manually dry flood proof areas below the FEMA flood level.
• Install upgraded door security access systems per funding availability.
• Replace exterior site lighting fixtures.
• Install new security cameras per funding availability.
• Restore 3 playgrounds.
• Resurface site pavement affected by construction activities.
• Replace underground electrical wiring system on 8 funded buildings.
• Replace first-floor doors, door frames, and hardware damaged by water.
• Install a new electrical annex at roof level for electrical equipment for 8 funded buildings.
• Replace roofs on 8 funded buildings.
• Replace the electrical conduits and plumbing pipes damaged by water located in basements.
• Install full backup power generators on the roofs of 8 funded buildings.
• Implement additional sitewide energy and sustainability measures.